Top 5 Trees to Beautify Your Yard: Part 1
When it comes to planting trees near your house, making strategic choices becomes essential, especially if you have limited space in your yard. You want trees that not only add beauty but also avoid causing any foundational damage. In this blog post, we’ll explore the top five trees that meet these criteria. These small, noninvasive trees, limited to a height of 30 feet or less, will provide year-round beauty and easy cleanup, making them the perfect addition to your garden or yard.
- The Japanese maple is a stunning choice, celebrated for its delicate and colorful foliage, which changes hues throughout the growing season and during autumn. With over a thousand varieties available, you have plenty of options to choose from. Depending on the cultivar, Japanese maples typically reach heights of 4–30 feet, making them ideal for small spaces. Their elegant appearance and manageable size make them an excellent choice for planting near your house.
- Beautiful, changing foliage
- Small size fits well in limited spaces
- Adds a touch of elegance to your yard
The flowering dogwood is a small, deciduous tree that boasts strikingly showy blooms. These trees usually grow up to 20 feet tall, with young ones being more upright and mature specimens tending to be wider than tall. During winter, the horizontal lateral branches create an interesting feature in your landscape. Flowering dogwoods are low-maintenance and require minimal pruning, making them a hassle-free choice.
- Showy blooms that brighten up your yard
- Low-maintenance and easy to care for
- Unique winter landscape feature
- The crabapple tree is another fantastic option for planting near your home. Coming in various sizes, most crabapples grow between 15 to 20 feet tall and wide. Additionally, there are dwarf and semi-dwarf varieties that stay even smaller. These trees offer a diverse range of shapes, from rounded to columnar or weeping, depending on the cultivar. Crabapple trees produce stunning, fragrant flowers in shades of white, pink, magenta, or red, and their darker buds add to their visual appeal.
- Fragrant and colorful flowers
- Various shapes to suit your preference
- Dwarf varieties are perfect for compact yards
Choosing the right trees to plant near your house is a decision that should not be taken lightly. The Japanese Maple, Flowering Dogwood, and Crabapple are among the top picks for those seeking small, noninvasive trees with captivating aesthetics. Not only will these trees add beauty to your garden throughout the year, but they will also offer shade and become a natural stress reliever.
Stay tuned for Part 2 of our blog, where we’ll explore two more trees that are perfect for enhancing the beauty of your yard while being mindful of limited space and potential hazards. Planting the right tree will undoubtedly enhance the ambiance of your outdoor space and contribute to a more enjoyable living experience.